There are days when you still want to eat healthy but you are just too tired to spend more than ten minutes making dinner. Today was one such day. That's when I decided to make 'Kotthu roti'. There are different avatars of this dish which originated among the Tamil people in Sri Lanka. The one I made today is the simplest of all.
Recipe: Kotthu roti
Ingredients Serves 2
Roti 6 numbers Onion 1 cup Green chilli 2-3 Eggs 3 Minced garlic 1 tsp Oil 1 tbsp Curry leaf 1 sprig Red chilli 2-3 Salt
1. Make the rotis on a flat skillet.
Once you are done with the 6 rotis, stack them up and cut them into thin, long strips.
2. In a saucepan, heat oil and add the onions and green chillies.
3. Once the onions begin to brown, add the curry leaf, red chilli, and minced garlic.
4. Saute for a couple of minutes, and add the eggs.
5. Scramble them, add the roti and mix well. Add in salt.
This dish can be served as a tea time snack, or as a light dinner along with a red kidney bean curry as accompaniment.